This evening I fancied a spicy, warming but fresh and healthy laksa without the hassel. As I often get home late from work this is a wonder recipe.
And it takes about 20 minutes.
Serves 1 generous portion.
What you need…
For the paste…
1 tsp turmeric
2 garlic cloves
1-2 chillies (I like one red and one green)
1 thumb ginger
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
For the laksa…
100ml vegetable stock
1 tin coconut milk
And for the rest…
A handful of raw fresh prawns
1 mug full of fresh or frozen peas
1 nest of dried rice noodles or any other noodles you prefer
1 handful of fresh coriander , roughly chopped
A scattering of flaked almonds (optional)
1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
What you do…
- Combine all the paste ingredients in a food mixer or finely chop into tiny pieces and mix in a mug with a spoon
- Heat some oil, a flavourless one like groundnut oil is best, in a deep frying pan or wok and add the paste.
- Once the paste is softened, add the stock, coconut milk and prawns and simmer on a medium heat for 5-10 mins until prawns are pink
- Add rice noodles and peas. Simmer for another 5 mins stirring regularly until noodles and peas are cooked.
- Serve and garnish with fresh coriander, chilli flakes and almonds.